Support the Forward Movement!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

1+1=1 True Love...


Everyone needs love.  We were never meant to live this life alone. From the initial hug of a mother to her new-born, to the hugs of your BFF and middle school crush, to the hugs of your lover, we travel through life desiring and NEEDING the ultimate love of someone who can tug at and play your heart strings like no other.  Throughout your life you meet so many people and date quite a few.  Though you may have a good time with many and a connection with more than one, there's always that "one and only" that blinds you to any other soul on the planet.  I often wonder how it is that you know when you've found them.  

Beyonce has a new song out called 1+1 (Make Love to Me) and it's one of the most beautiful songs out right now.  As I sit and listen to it, each note belts out a piece that creates the perfect relationship.  She sings of how important having that one person is and you can't help but think of how true that is.  When you've found the one you love, you feel invincible.  You feel like no matter what happens, everything will still be okay.  That person is truly someone that you could never let go...mentally, emotionally, or physically.  You see...love isn't a light switch (wink), so you can't shut it on or off.  In the face of true love: anger can't eliminate it, sadness can't dismiss it, jealousy can't fight it, and fear can't  push it away.  It's there to stay.  You can't run from it because it will always catch you...and that's because it's never truly left you.  

I don't know what compelled me to write about love today because I initially had something else in mind, but everything has it's purpose so I'm sure someone will get the message.  The love you've been asking for, praying about, or searching for, may already be there...and if it's not, be prepared to receive it when it comes because it surely will....and when it does, envelope yourself in it.  I'll leave you with the lyrics and video to this beautiful song:

Beyonce- 1+1 (Make Love to Me)
If I aint got nothing, I got you
If I aint got something I don't give a damn, cause I got it with you
I don't know much about algebra, but I know one plus one equals two

And it's me and you, thats all we'll have when the world is thru
Cause baby we aint got nothing without love
Darling you got enough for the both of us
So come on baby, make love to me

When my days look low, pull me in close and don't let me go.
Make love to me. So that when the worlds at war, that our love heal us all
Right now baby make love to me...me...me...mee...mee. ooh ooh make love to me.
Hey! I don't know much about guns but I...I've been shot by you
Hey! And I don't know when I'm gon die, but I hope that I'm gon die by you
Hey! And I don't know much about fighting, but I, I know I will fight for you
Hey! Just when I ball up my fist I realize that I'm laying right next to you
Baby we aint nothing but love, and darling you got enough for the both of us
Make love to me...when my days look low, pull me in close and don't let me go.
Make love to me...so that when the worlds at war, that our love heal us all
Help me let down my guard, make love to me…me..me….me..meee ooh ooh ooh make love to me...me...me...mee...mee.





Until next time...keep the forward movement....

0 comments: