Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, September 16, 2011

LOVE....Ready or Not?


"Don't pray for God to put someone in your life. Pray that you're ready when they come."  

This is by far one of the best quotes I've ever heard when it comes to love.  So often, when one decides to committ to the longevity that love has to offer, you immediately go into praying for the type of person you want.  The height, age range, profession, personality, etc, but sometimes we forget to look within.   

There was a particular man that I went on a date with in the past.  The moment I met him, he exuded such an intense passion toward me which caught me off guard since we just met.  I also didn't share the same intensity or emotion, so it was a lot to handle.  One night, we were on the phone and he was in the midst of sharing everything that he was going through.  Afterwards, he quickly changed subjects and blurted in the most exasperated of voices, "Stephanie, I'm ready to be a husband and have a family."  Now this is music to most women's ears, however, to mine, it was the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.  I had to remind and say to him all the negative and currrent circumstances he had mentioned to me a mere five minutes prior.  I told him that in no way was I trying to be mean or insensitive, but the truth was, he wasn't ready to be a husband, have a family, or be the head of a household.  At first, he was taken aback and I could feel the hurt energy, so I explained.  The things that he's currently going through are things that will help him become a greater man, but if he truly sat down with himself, he couldn't really say that he was ready for those responsibilites. We sat in silence although I could hear him loud and clear.  Finally, he said "you're right.  As much as I want those things right now, I'm not ready for them."  We continued conversing and I shared that even I continued to strive to the be the best I could be so when the role of wife and mother call me, I'm truly ready.  

No one is ever 100% ready, but there comes a time in your life when you're in a good enough place where you will add to someone's life rather than subtract with all your baggage. The next time you fret with thoughts of when this perfect person is coming, ask yourself this: am I ready?  If Mr. or Ms. Right walked in the door, would I be able to complement them and a create a positive future with them?  If the answer is yes, then that's great!  If the answer is no, don't worry; just strive to become the best you, every single day.  When the time is right, everything will fall into place.  


Live. Laugh. LOVE.



Until next time...keep the forward movement...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this article. I love love and I have been asking myself if I am ready to welcome it into my life this week and reading this makes me feel ok. I am not alone, and it will come, I am certain more and more each day. :)