Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Keep Pushing


You never know how much you can handle until you have to.  Within the last few weeks, a young woman from an organization I joined in college passed away, a week later, my great-grandmother passed away, and 3 days later, my grandmother had a stroke.  A few days later, my sister had a baby. That was the event that I used as my silver lining.  My days consisted of going to work and heading to hospitals and visiting different people.  I was exhausted.  Even when I got home, I'd lay across the bed with my eyes closed and console my friends and family in need.  At any time, especially a rough time, if I can be of service...even if it's simply listening...I'll do it...and so I did. 

I kept going and going and going until I ALMOST snapped.  I was falling asleep at times that I shouldn't have been, irritable, and falling behind on everything that I was doing.  One day, I had a friend who expressed how proud she was of me knowing everything that I was going through and how I kept pushing.  After I got off the phone with her, I got a second wind.  No matter how tired or frustrated, whether it be with family tragedies or life's personal obstacles, you always have to KEEP PUSHING.  "Your character isn't created in times of struggle, it's defined." 

I want to encourage you that in your times of struggle, KEEP PUSHING!  In doing that, you'll reach heights that you never have before!

Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: