Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Every. Single. Thought.


Everyone has heard time and time again that "thoughts are things." We create our reality by the constant thoughts that we have.  Knowing this is one thing, applying it is another.  Within the last few weeks, I've had so much going on...and unfortunately, some of it wasn't good.  With a death in the family and another person falling to illness, I had a lot on my plate.  The thing about me is, I notice my funk.  I notice that I'm not as happy, and am turning to the dark and negative side.  The moment I realize that, I work on going back to the positive side, which is taking the moment to see the good in everything that happens.  With this in mind, I decided to do something about it. 

I chose to do an experiment on myself.  I chose to see what would happen if I captured my thoughts.  The experiment was to become active in every single moment of my life.  You live in every single moment, but you're not always active in that moment.  Being active is about making the conscious choice to react positively with everything that comes to you.  If you stop to think before you react, and choose to make a decision that points you in a good direction, it will give you the power over allowing your thoughts to create a negative response.  

For one week, I monitored my thinking and every time I had a thought that veered to the negative side, I stopped and found the positive thing.  I took long breaths, and decided not to be mad.  I decided to focus on the things I had and the wonderful opportunities I was being blessed with vs. the things I didn't have and the opportunities I was upset over still having to wait for.  The more I did this, the more at peace I felt and the more empowered I was to know the control I have.  Since then, things have been smooth sailing, and not because there are no problems or shortcomings, but because I now rule over the negative instead of letting them rule me, my mindset, my attitude, and my future. 

Today, I urge you to take control of every. single. thought.  In doing that, you'll be controlling your life and your future. 

Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: