Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ring the Alarm....Time to MOVE...


When I prepped my mind for this blog entry, I was thinking of something completely different. In my quest to inspire and speak from my soul, I often will go off of what I feel. At times though, the learned lessons need to be shared and that is more valuable than opinion.  I’m sure that everyone can attest to that perfect feeling of complete rest in your sleep. It’s like even though you’ve been sleeping for a while, this part of your sleep feels like the best rest you’ve ever had. Something about it puts you at inexplicable ease. It’s as if you’re in a quicksand of sleep. Usually at this time is when that screeching and annoying sound thrusts you out of your euphoric slumber….the ALARM! The alarm not only wakes you up….it pulls you out of that comfortable place whether you want to get up or not. It waits for the certain time…the appointed time…and snatches you up.

 This was a trying week for me. The week that I had set out for myself escaped my memory as my reality set in. Issues surfaced everywhere I turned, and some of the support that I thought I had, completely crumbled. Lately, I’ve been unshakeable and thrive on consistently moving forward, but sometimes, you have to take a step back and reflect on what’s going on in your life. I took the time to do that and all of a sudden, despite this week’s occurrences, the alarm clock that sprung me out of my slumber and comfort, didn’t feel so uncomfortable anymore.

God works in the very same way as the alarm clock. So many people have dreams and desires that they want to accomplish, but are waiting for the right time. They’re waiting until they have the right amount in their bank account. They’re waiting until their major problems are over and their lives are a little calmer. They’re waiting for the right time of year because they’ve made it up in their minds that that would be a good time to leave. The truth is, being comfortable is just as much of a detriment as anything else. No matter how much you may want to move, that comfort, and sometimes fear, will allow you to stay where you are. When God has a plan for you, He will pluck you from where you are and take you to where He has already ordained you to be to reach newer heights than ever before. You have desires and dreams that He’s placed in your heart. That passion that drives you is what He instilled in you. Therefore, if you aren’t moving, He will move you. Your job is to put your seatbelt on, trust Him, and take everything you can from the journey. Like a rollercoaster that’s descending at lightning speed, you may be frightened and filled with anxiety, but just like you’re sure that no matter how fast it goes, it will catch you at the bottom and pull you right up, God will do the same.


This week, I urge you to be strong in the trials you may face. It may just be the best thing that happens to you and the alarm that you need to wake you up, get you out, and move you forward.

Until next time...keep the forward movement....

0 comments: