Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, March 12, 2010

In Loving Memory...



A few hours ago, I received a call that changed the course of my day.  My best friend's father passed away.  My heart almost exploded out of my chest when I heard that.  I had literally spoken to her five minutes before and told her that I'd call her back when I got home and settled.  I went on with what I was doing and continued to plan my day and weekend.  Within minutes, nothing was of importance.  Everything was moving slowly and I was unable to talk and cried uncontrollably.  I cried for her father, her family, and myself.  I had become part of the family, and my heart cried out.  For weeks I'd been praying and keeping a positive mindset in order not to let defeat rule my thoughts, words, or actions.

Although I'm sitting here with this enormous headache from the tears, I felt the need to express myself anyway.  I can't stress enough how you really never know when your time is up.  You never know when you'll say good-bye to someone and it may be the last time you ever see them.  Read this and embed it in your soul: DON'T LET DEATH BE YOUR REMINDER OF HOW PRECIOUS LIFE IS!  I can't stress this enough.  I'm practically screaming it.  It's so easy to say that and continue on with your foolish ways and silly arguments, especially when it's not your personal situation, but please get into the habit of living your life remembering this.  Sure things happen everyday and you can be upset, sad, or frustrated, but make a point to live life to the fullest and to appreciate the people in your life.  Even more importantly, let them know.  Find a way to express it every now and then.

Before I go, I also want to advise you to utilize your current moment.  Utilize your "now" because that's all you know you have.  If you can, call that person NOW.  If you can, express yourself NOW.  You just never know and you can't take the chance of waiting until tomorrow.  Sometimes, you don't want to rush things, like a relationship or sharing your feelings for instance.  You want to make sure you're ready or you may be scared and are waiting, but how do you know that the person will be there when you are?  How do you know something won't happen to you before you can?  I've been guilty of waiting until "later" or "tomorrow" for many things and never get the chance and that's the worst feeling ever.  You can never get back the time that has already elapsed.

As you read this, I hope that you get the urge to live your life to the fullest and appreciate it.  Take advantage of every moment, experience, and person that's blessed to be in your life.  Love and live....

R.I.P Papa Mike



Until next time...keep the forward movement...

1 comments:

c_ronna26 said...

o will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.