Support the Forward Movement!

Monday, July 19, 2010

A "First Place Girl"


A good friend of mine sent a link to me last night and I didn't see it until this morning.  When I read this article, I couldn't helped but laugh, and not because it was funny, but because it was so true and I could completely identify with it.  I'm going to make this short and sweet....I'm going to try at least, lol.  Ladies, I know that we all have that one guy who is THAT GUY.  We put up with things from him that we'd never thought we would or that we'd slay someone else for.  Because he is the man you love, you put up with bulls***...and frankly, it's not fair.  You love him though, so you give chance after chance, hoping that he finally gets it.  Before you know it, weeks turn into months, and months turn into years.  He's the only one you want to be with so you close yourself off to other men.  You negatively dissect yourself to less than nothing because there just HAS to be something wrong with you, otherwise he'd be with you.  You do whatever he likes and chooses him before yourself and in your mind, that's further proving how much you love him and what a catch you are, but he still hasn't caught you.  Hell, he hasn't picked you up enough to be able to drop you.  Inevitably, you have forgotten to put yourself in FIRST place. 

My advice to you is to keep yourself open.  It's not fair to close yourself off to possible suitors.  No your feelings for that man don't go away, but you two aren't together and trust and believe that he isn't acting like you two are together either, so you need to do the same.  I understand your natural desire to act 'committed' and only see him, but do your best to remain open.  The last few weeks, I've thought of my past relationships and someone special and although I love that man, I'm not committed to him or anyone else and gave myself the same advice....and did just that.

Regardless of your feelings for someone, if nothing has changed, (i.e. the status of the two of you together), then you have to change.  It doesn't diminish your feelings for him or is in any way reflective of how you feel,  but it shows that you acknowledge the reality and are now choosing YOU instead of him.  If you're meant to be with him, God will mend that relationship in due time, and in your season of love, but until then, DO YOU.  The last few weeks, allowing myself to be courted has reminded me of my great qualities that I've forgotten.  It reminded me of how much I was wanted.  There was no beating around the bush or me "guestimating" how they felt, because they told me.  At the beginning, men will tell you in order to ensure that they get you, but oftentimes, it dissipates and you rarely hear it.  It was weird because this amazing and phenomenol woman that was being described was ME!  It revitalized me and my thoughts of who I am... and it felt damn good!

There's a great article on making yourself a "First Place Girl" (Click here to read this FAB article!)and this is what I read this morning that prompted me to write this entry.  You may not be coming in last, but if the man you love isn't putting you first, for whatever reason, you may as well be last because almost doesn't count.  One of my favorite quotes is "Love is just the beginning and love is not enough."  If you take the time to really understand this quote, you'll know exactly what it means.  Think of highly of yourself and act accordingly.  Eventually, you'll get that first place ribbon for the prize that you are.

Catch me if you can..... <3





Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: