Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Break Time


If you're anything like me, you want to be everything to everyone.  You bend over backwards to make sure that everyone is pleased.  Whether it takes you away from your personal projects or dare I say sanity , you do it anyway.  If you finally have a moment, where you feel like saying "no" or taking a break, you feel badly about the person(s) you aren't helping even though you're barely hanging on yourself.  Your issues take a back seat and you go full force to assist everyone else in theirs, but when is enough, enough? 

Whenever I feel like taking a "time out", I feel bad because I think in some way I'm being selfish, but while I feel that, my mind also says "you can't be of service to anyone if you're a mess yourself," and that puts things into perspective for me.  In order to be the best me I can be, and be great for others, I must be great to myself, and sometimes that means taking the solitary time to figure things out.  Whether it be through prayer, meditation, shutting your phone off, or going away somewhere, you must take the time to close yourself off to all things and people, and make sure you have yourself together....and if you don't, use the time to get yourself together.

The last few days, I've taken the time to think, focus, and pray.  Those are the only things that I did, other than what I absolutely had to do, and it's been quite refreshing.  It's helped me to push out the negative and focus on the positive.  You see, taking a break isn't supposed to be hurtful or negative.  It's supposed to be enlightening and refreshing. When you do it the right way, with the right intentions, it will refuel and catapult you into a better frame of mind and further directions.

Go forth, refuel, take a break, and relax... 



Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: