Support the Forward Movement!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Want It All....and I Want It NOW....but TIMING IS EVERYTHING.


Timing is key.  How many times have you heard this?  At some point or another in life, you are destined to hear that it's not the right time.  The right time for what you ask?....for what you so desperately want.  It's weird how the things that you desire the most, are the ones that takes the longest to come to you...if they come at all.  I usually can hear the voice of my parents, and the elders of my family when I discuss my disdain for the very things that I want and don't have, and it usually says "it's not your time yet."  In the midst of my frustration, I refuse to understand it, even though I know it makes sense.  In the last few weeks, there have been little things that I didn't get exactly when I wanted and I'm  so grateful.


Almost a month ago, I signed up for an event.  Every time I tried to solidify those plans, something came up.  It really started to irritate me because things kept getting in the way of me committing to that event.  I didn't know it then, but a few weeks later, I ended up purchasing a ticket out of state for another engagement that was more important.  I was so happy that I hadn't committed to that event because it would've made things more difficult for me. It just wasn't the right TIME....



Last week, I purchased a new bed.  I was also making plans to go to Mexico. I found a great deal on a luxury hotel and immediately wanted to book it.  "A deal like this won't last longer than a minute," I said to myself, so I reached for my wallet.  To my surprise and terror, my card was missing.  I totally lost it, lol.  I've never lost my bank card before, so I panicked.  I called, cancelled it, and ordered a new one.  Once again, I found myself in a frustrated position because I wouldn't be able to get the hotel that day as I planned earlier.  For the rest of the day and night, I kept thinking of how I'd book my hotel regardless.  The very next day, a couple of friends who initially said they would go, asked me if I could push back the trip a few months.  Of course I obliged and it made more sense.  Sometimes, I can be a little impulsive and impatient :)...like I said earlier...I want it NOW, so I went off of what I was thinking at the moment.  After I agreed, I thought to myself "thank God I didn't book that resort!"  Because of the low rate, it would've been NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!  Once again, the feeling of gratitude crept across my spirit and I was so happy that I didn't just toss that money away.  It just wasn't the right TIME.....


I'm a sucker for technology.  I'm a blackberry feen but when the latest iphone came out with face talk, I was sold.  Though it was really hard, I'd come to terms with ending my relationship with my beloved blackberry.  I tried and failed THREE times when I went to pre-purchase it on the apple website.  I called AT&T several times, never got through, and within one day of the pre-purchase launch, they shut their website down to any sales for that phone.  I decided to leave it alone.  I figured, there were my signs as to why I should wait, but everytime I heard about it, I tried again.  Finally, after two weeks, I gave up and figured I'd let them get all the kinks out and then purchase it in a few months.  A few days ago, my brother called to rub it in my face how fabulous and superior his phone was to mine.  That fueled my desire to ignore all the other signs and purchase it later on this week.  On my drive home yesterday, I happened to check an email and low and behold, it was about my beloved iphone to be and.....it's RE-CALL!  I literally laughed out loud.  God must've been looking down at me, shaking his head, and saying "she is soooooo hard-headed."  Once again, I was shown that it clearly was not the time for me to purchase that phone and with that, I saved over $300.  Eventually, I will purchase it, but it just wasn't the right TIME...


My best friend and another very close friend of mine lost their parents within the last year.  Before all of that happened, they were making plans to move. You get to an age where you really need to start making adult moves which sometimes includes leaving your family and starting over in a new place.  For some reason, no matter how much they wanted and planned to leave, it never quite worked out for them and now they and I know.  They had to be there to spend the last precious moments with their loved ones.  They had to share laughs, stories, words of encouragement, and prayers.  They had to be there to bury them.  Coincidentally, they are both firstborns and me being a firstborn, understands all too well, the responsibility that we hold.  God allowed them to be a part of the last moments of lives that had formed them into the strong women that they are.  So even though, they were angry in the fact that things weren't going the way they wanted, it went exactly the way it needed to go. Any earlier than that just wasn't the right TIME:



Whether it be a smaller situation like not getting a new phone or missing a trip, to a bigger one like being with your perfect mate or sharing the last few moments with a loved one, everything happens at the PERFECT TIME....and it's not usually on your schedule.  All of the time, it's on God's time table and it's never at the wrong time.  Hindsight it 20/20 and you can see and understand things clearly.  The problem is that you're trying to see and understand while you're in the midst of things and for the most part, that is impossible.  In your times of frustration, impatience, and uncertainty, God's preparing you for whatever you desire.  Whether we admit it or know it, we're not always prepared for what we think we are.  Rather than receiving it whether it be a job, money, goal, or relationship, it's better that we get it when we are truly prepared so that we don't sabotage the gift in any form.


Know and truly believe that YOUR TIME IS COMING!  Enjoy the journey and take everything you need out of the preparation process.  If you do that, everything will fall into place because TIMING IS EVERYTHING.



Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: