Support the Forward Movement!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Love your body



We as women are always complaining about our bodies.  Nothing is ever good enough.  Something is always too big or too small.  It's too long or too short or too dark or too pale.  I've noticed how no woman I've ever spoken to has ever been completely satisfied with their figure.  Just a few days ago, I was speaking to a co-worker of mine and asked her if she had lost weight because she appeared to have had.  Her response was "no way!  I wish I lost weight!"  Now this co-worker is tall and has a great figure, so you would never think that she was unhappy with the way she looked.  It took me aback.  You never know how people really see themselves.  Perception is really in the eye of the beholder.  As I sat in my office, I couldn't believe this woman felt like this about herself, until I started thinking about myself.


For as long as I could remember, I have never been happy with my body.  There 's always been something that's been too big or not long enough or almost right.  I look and think back and have always felt some sort of unhappiness, but you would never know it.  From the outside looking in, I exude the utmost confidence.  What I dislike, I've been told that many people pay for on a daily basis.  It's taken a long time, but I'm learning to appreciate all the parts of me.


I'm appreciating all of me and not waiting until I see someone who's sick or has some physical ailment to appreciate my own.  It's okay to want to improve the way you look, but don't neglect to see and be happy for the good.  Everyone is beautiful in their own way.  Stop comparing yourself to other people or other women.  Newsflash: someone will always be prettier than you or more attractive, so you have to be confident in your own beauty and own it.  Don't allow anyone to define what beauty is and what you should look like.  I know it's hard, but don't even allow the man you love or any man for that matter, to define how you feel about you.  Whoever cares about you will love you for you.


Ladies, it's February, which is the month that is consumed with the many thoughts of love.  Whether you have someone or not, don't forget to love yourself and that means the good and the bad.  If you don't, no one else will.  I leave you with a great video from Indie Arie expressing the love and acceptance for herself.  This proved to be an anthem to women as soon as it was released.  I leave you loving all of me.....









Until next time...keep the forward movement....

0 comments: