Support the Forward Movement!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reap what you sow....don't pretend



I was sitting in church one Sunday and the time for offerring came up.  You know the time when you give your 10%.   Of course, along with it usually comes a verse that reminds you how important it is to give.  It's always said to give with a pure heart.  This is not only in church, but if you give to another cause or even give of yourself in any other capacity.  Now, I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said.  I figured I already knew everything because I heard it over and over, but this time the pastor said something that made me pay attention as well as stop and think about it.  


He began by giving a correlation between farmers and their crops.  He explained how they physically reap what they physically sow.  Obvious, I know, but here's what stuck out to me.  He said farmers don't go out to their fields and pretend sow!  In order to see a true result, they must actually plant their seeds!  Something so simple, but so true...and it got me thinking.


How many people do you know who always talk about all that they're doing?  How many of those same people never really have any results to share with you?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say a good majority of them.  Often times, people pretend to do all of the things they say they're doing, but never really follow through.  It takes so much more than just saying what you're going to do.  You actually have to do it!  Get a plan together and takes some steps.  A mile is comprised of a lot of small steps.  It's better to be consistent and moving toward your goal at a slower pace, then to be consistent in taking no action at all.  


So you ever wonder why it is that you're stuck in your rut or can't seem to accomplish something?  Ask yourself "am I really playing or am I on the sideline talking about the game?"  The first step is to be honest with yourself and go from there.


I am telling you this because I come from a place where I felt the same way.  So many dreams and desires and constantly TALKING, but not ACTING on them.  I couldn't figure out why I was stuck in a rut, but now I know why.  It's because I never took action to get out of it.  Now I'm clearly not where I'm going to be (wildly successful, lol), but I'm not where I was.  You know what that's called ladies and gentlemen?....PROGRESS!


Today I want to give you a little push into beginning to sow the seeds that you want to see sprout within your life.  If you never plant them, how will they ever grow?  If you don't put work in, how will you succeed?  Don't be a pretend farmer.  Plant your seeds, water them, and before you know it, you'll be standing in your beautiful field of success.


Until next time...keep the forward movement...

0 comments: