Support the Forward Movement!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Do YOU.....




Lately I've noticed something.  I like to help out in whatever capacity I can.  I'm usually the "go-to" person for a lot of things, and I usually do it.  I'm the type of person that whether I want to do it or not, if it helps, I will.  That's one of the ways I show that I care; whether I know you or not.  It's just me.  When you genuinely do things, you don't expect it in return, but in the back of your mind, I'm sure you want some sort of appreciation.  A simple "thank you" would suffice.  I've come to find out the hard way that sometimes no matter what you do, or how much you do, it may never be enough.  For whatever reason, people won't always be as appreciative as you'd like and often times, what you don't do is what they'll remember.  


This happens in other ways too.  For instance,  I have so many ventures that I'm actively working on and of course, naturally, I just know that everyone I know will be so supportive and completely on board with it, but they're not.  If some even show interest, it's minute or sometimes ingenuine though they think I don't notice.   Funny enough, strangers can be more supportive than the poeple you know.


In my celebratory moments, there are still some that cringe or don't fully celebrate my success.  It pains them to see me reach what they have not and probably won't.


Overall. there are things that you do even with the most sincere of intentions, and unfortunately, it can be received in a completely different manner.  It's out of your control.  If you've ever argued with someone about something they were 100% sure about even if you knew it was wrong, all that mattered was what they thought.  How frustrating, huh?  It makes you not want to share your success right?  It makes you not want to continue to reach out all the time and help right?  It makes it you not want to give your all right?....ABSOLUTELY NOT!


The fact of the matter is no matter what you do and how well you do it or what great intentions you have in doing it, everyone will not always be elated for you.  Some are guaranteed to forget all the good and hold on to the bad.  Some will allow their jealousy and low self-esteem to get in the way of their potential happiness and support for you.  Does this mean you stop being yourself?  Nope!  Whether you get a "thank you"  and are remembered for good or not, continue to still do it.  Whether you have 100 people celebrating with you or 1 person, you celebrate anyway!  Whether people believe in you or not, continue to realize that dream until it's a reality!


What I really want you to keep in mind is to never stop doing YOU.  Never allow people, places, or things, to get in the way of you continuing to be you.  Don't let situations determines the type of person you are or what you become.  Don't let them take the good outof you.  Don't let anything taint you.  At the end of the day, YOU will have to be happy with YOU and if you like who you are and know what you're about, that's worth so much more than anything else.


Surprisingly, in feeling somewhat annoyed with the fact that I felt a little underappreciated, I ran into this poem or shall I say, it found me.  While waiting in my doctor's office, a nurse made a copy and handed it to me not knowing a thing about my thoughts.  Coincidence....I think not.  Tonight, it's the perfect way to end.




People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfatihful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
Give the best you have and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.


~Mother Teresa





Until next time....keep the forward movement....




0 comments: