Support the Forward Movement!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Write the Vision...Make it Plain...

It's 2006 and everyone now knows.  Knows what you ask?...knows the secret.  This phenomenol movie comes out and let's you know how to not only take control of your life, but also  take control of your destiny.  Ask and you shall receive.  Truly believe and wait on what you know is already yours.  These are great themes throughout the film and if you haven't seen it, I urge you to get it as soon as possible.  

One of the parts of the movie involves writing down or making a collage of the things that you want.  It's actually part of the process of receiving whatever it is that you want.  You are to put the vision and yearning that is in your mind on to something that you can actually see outside of your mind.  That is in turn declaring your vision.  A man in the film did just that.  He had done a vision board years before and put it out of view.  He continued to live his life still believing and waiting on the things that he wanted to obtain.  One day, his son was sitting on and kicking a box that contained his boards.  His son asked what was in the box and he replied saying that it was a vision board.  Not knowing what that meant, he asked his father what it was and why he did it.  The man began to explain what this board was and what it meant and in the midst of that, he began to choke up with emotion.  He hadn't looked at that board in such a long time that he failed to realize the home that he placed on that board years ago, was the very home he currently lived in!!!!  Wow!  His dream had been realized!  He was living one of his dreams!  How awesome is that?!  

Something about that did something to me.  I was amazed by that!  All of a sudden, everywhere I turned, and everyone I talked to, had the same message of putting your desires in plain view.  There's even a BIBLE verse from Habakkuk 2:2 that says to "write the vision and make it plain."  No matter what you believe in, the message is still the same; Illustrating your desires will propel you into your reality as long as you truly believe.

Now, I had said to myself, and a whole slew of other people, that I was working on one for a long time and never really was.  I had tons of ideas, but never really put them into action.  I came up with a bunch of excuses and made-up road blocks as to why I couldn't complete it.  One day, I just decided to take the bull by the horns and committ myself to my dream book and  therefore my destiny.  I devoted myself to putting my all into my book, so it could really reflect me and the things that were important to me.  I not only documented with pictures, but with words.  I even wrote a letter to myself at the end.  It was a letter of encouragement, love, and motivation to myself.  At first, it felt a little awkward, but you have to be your greatest motivator, so I put my soul into it and it'll be a beautiful moment, when I can look back and see my dreams realized.

Since this is my outlet and you are here, I figured you'd be curious as to what my book looked like, so I've decided to share some excerpts of it with all of you.  Of course you can't see the words, but you'll get the jist.  Take a look....

Front Cover


Things that I like, describe me, or quotes


Photo Collage




Work and Wealth





Travel


Family & Friends

Peace


Faith

Houses/Cars


Love & Lust



I really recommend you doing a vision board and/or book!  It's so powerful!  I warn that if you do it without really believing you can get these things physical or nonphysical, don't waste your time!  It won't matter and it definitely won't happen.  For those of you who have a ton of excuses, especially the popular "I'm not creative" excuse, I've got news for you: neither am I!  Whether you think you can or not, you ALWAYS can if you really want to!  And for those who are really wanting to, but are still fighting it, I've got some tips for you in the video link below, so no excuses...just do it!....your world is waiting to see it!







Until next time....keep the forward movement....


0 comments: